After meeting with your study abroad advisor and selecting a program, your advisor will introduce you to the application process. Your application must by completed by March 1 (if you want to study abroad in the fall semester) or October 1 (if you want to study abroad in the spring semester). Early submission is encouraged!
Need Help? Follow Prezi!
Are you searching for straightforward and easy-to-follow instructions for completing your application? Simply use our helpful Prezi presentation, which walks you through the entire application process.
Signature Verification Form
Please note that the Study Abroad Office recently transitioned to an online application process. Before you progress with your application, you need to complete the Signature Verification Form with your advisor. Your advisor must also make a copy of your driver's license, state-issued ID, or passport.
Creating & Accessing Your Online Account
To access the online application, simply follow the instructions below:
- Using the world map or the search function, find your study abroad program.
- Once you have navigated to the page for your study abroad program, click "Apply Now."
- Answer the two questions that appear: Are you currently a student at SNC? Have you received your log-in credentials already via email?
- If it's your first time applying for a study abroad program, you must complete the New User Form (with your name, email address, date of birth, and gender) to create an account.
- Your log-in information will be sent to your email address. Check your email, retrieve your log-in information, and access your online account.
- Create your profile and begin completing your study abroad application. Specific application instructions are found online. You can start the application, save your work, and return at a later time. (Log-in here.)
In most cases, there are four types of documents that you will deal with during the application process:
- Application Questionnaires: Items that you upload to your online account (essay and passport) and questionnaires that you complete (application and survey).
- Material Submissions: Materials that should be submitted to the Study Abroad Office (transcript) or the Registrar (Course Approval Form).
- Signature Documents: Documents that you sign electronically (study abroad policies). Please note that your Signature Verification Form must be completed before signing the documents.
- Recommendations: Recommendations are emailed to faculty members. Before emailing the faculty member, please ensure that (s)he is willing to complete the recommendation for you.
The Study Abroad Office will review your application to determine your eligibility to study abroad as a St. Norbert student. Your acceptance decision will be emailed to you. If you meet the St. Norbert requirements, your application will be forwarded to your study abroad program, which has the final decision on your acceptance.
Once you have been accepted to your study abroad program, additional documents will appear on your online account. Please be sure to complete and submit the documents in a timely manner.
Pre-Departure Workshops & Orientation
To prepare you for your experiences abroad, all students are encouraged to attend the optional pre-departure workshops. Students are required to attend a mandatory pre-departure orientation. Refer to the Events page for specific details. Items discussed include: academic requirements; health, safety, and security policies; logistical arrangements, such as packing and travel tips; country- and program-specific information; and any questions, worries, and/or concerns that students have. You will also have the opportunity to speak with St. Norbert study abroad returnees, who will offer practical tips for your semester(s) abroad (pending availability).
On-Campus (SNC) Housing
Housing issues should not deter you from studying abroad. For more information, please visit the REH web site.
Resources & Links
Residential Education & Housing