Transcript Processing Changes - PLEASE READ
Effective Approximately September 1, 2011 the following changes will be in place:
- Transcript charges will be $10 per copy plus any requested overnight mail handling charges.
- Students with KnightLine access should request their transcripts on-line.
- Requestors will not be charged for the first 3 COPIES submitted via KnightLine after September 1, 2009.
- Processing has been streamlined with all requests received/submitted by 8:00 a.m. usually being processed the same day. All other requests will be processed before the close of the next business day. Requests received via overnight/priority mail to our office will be processed and shipped the NEXT business day.
- Mail requests MUST BE PRE-PAID with CASH, or CHECK/MONEY ORDER payable to SNC.
- KnightLine requested copies will also require payment by ACH Check or Credit Card and can no longer be charged to your SNC account.
- Because pre-payment is required - NO FAXED requests will be accepted.
In accordance with the Family Educational Records Rights & Privacy Act, we are unable to send transcripts without a signed or electronically submitted request from the student. E-mail, phone, and fax requests requests are not accepted.
|Transcript Request Procedures
|When requesting your transcripts via mail follow these steps:
Send Mail Requests & Payments to:
- Full name (include your name while in attendance if you are now married, etc.)
- Social Security Number or SNC I.D. Number
- Dates of attendance
- Complete address(es) of where the transcripts should be mailed
- Number of copies Requested
- Current address & Phone Number
- Cash, check, or money order to cover the cost of your request
- Sign your request. Mail requests received without a signature will be delayed until we can verify your authorization to release your record.
Office of the Registrar / Transcript Processing
St. Norbert College
100 Grant Street
De Pere, WI 54115-2099
|When requesting your transcripts via KnightLine follow these steps:
- Enter KnightLine, navigate to STUDENT SERVICES, STUDENT RECORDS, REQUEST PRINTED/OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT.
- To send a transcript to yourself, select one of the addresses we have on file for you and your name and address will autopopulate. Otherwise enter who should receive your transcript and the address. If you are sending the transcript to the Study Abroad Office, select the appropriate internal college code.
- Select the transcript type (OFFICIAL), and complete any address edits.
- Select the number of copies (YOU ARE LIMITED TO 5 PER REQUEST).
- Select whether we should send your request out as soon as possible or should we hold it for grades or degree posting.
- Choose the delivery method - STANDARD (Mailed same or next business day), OVERNIGHT (extra charges will be added - we can't send transcripts to P.O. BOXES), or WILL CALL (we will email you when the transcript is available).
- Your payment total (before delivery charges) will be displayed. Effective approximately September 15, 2011 transcripts can no longer be charged to your SNC account and will require immediate payment..
- A summary confirmation will be displayed before submission. After the request is submitted you can use the VIEW STATUS OF TRANSCRIPT REQUESTS link from the Student Services Menu to track the status of your request.
|Fees & Payment:
|Transcript fees should be paid at the time of request by enclosing a check or money order payable to St. Norbert College. The following is the current fee schedule:
|Transcript Charge..........$10.00 per copy
|Overnight Mail Service...additional $25.00 per address (usually FEDEX service unless other requested)
|Faxed Requests and Transcripts:
|Student privacy laws do not allow us to FAX a transcript. We do not accept FAXed requests since pre-payment is required. We are not able to process credit card authorizations sent via mail or FAX.
|If you have any of the following requests you must state them in your letter: Hold for Grades (at the end of a term), Hold for Degree Posting, Will Call - Office Pick Up, or Overnight Service.
Students requesting to receive a certified copy of their original study abroad school transcript must do so in writing. There is no charge for these transcripts when accompanied with a regular request, otherwise normal charges are applicable.
All transcripts are mailed in secure envelopes indicating a transcript is enclosed, so special signature signing doesn't need to be requested. Note: Many employers and most higher education institutions will require a transcript to be sent directly to them or delivered in an unopened secure envelope.
|End-of-Term Transcript Processing:
|The request deadline for currently enrolled students requesting immediate processing of their transcripts is
Wednesday of each Finals Week. Due to end of term grading by instructors and end of term grade posting by the Registrar's Office, all currently enrolled student requests received after the cutoff will be held for processing until grades are viewable to students via KnightLine. When submitting a request on-line you may indicate immediate processing or ask that your request be held until grades are received or your degree has been posted.
|Transcripts are not released until all financial obligations with the college have been met. If you have questions related to your account please call the Bursar's Office at 920-403-3262, 3249 or 3002. Students with holds are notified by mail by the Bursar's Office and their transcript requests are held for 30 days. After that time, requests that are not able to be processed are voided and any fees sent are applied to one's student account.
|If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Registrar's Office at 920-403-3216. We are not responsible for incomplete information provided on requests. Corrected requests will require additional payment.