Title IX/Gender-Based Misconduct and Sexual HarassmentSt. Norbert College is committed to supporting a learning and working environment that meets the Norbertine values of human dignity and respect. The college believes in a zero tolerance policy for gender-based misconduct and all forms of discrimination and harassment including sexual misconduct.
St. Norbert College fully subscribes to all federal and state civil rights laws banning discrimination and harassment for protected groups including:
- Title IX of 1972 which requires gender equity and prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in education programs and activities;
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 which prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, or national origin; and
- Title II of the American with Disabilities Act of 1990 (Section 504), which prohibits discrimination on the basis of disability.
- Gender-Based Misconduct and Sexual Harassment policy
- Faculty and Staff Sexual Harassment Resource Guide
- Student Sexual Misconduct and Harassment Resource Guide
Our primary concern at St. Norbert College is the safety of our St. Norbert College community. As such, alcohol or drug use (while not condoned) is no justification for gender-based misconduct or sexual harassment, and will never be used to blame victims.
The Gender-Based Misconduct and Sexual Harassment policy does not abridge or infringe on academic freedom, as defined in the Faculty Handbook or the Student Handbook at St. Norbert College.
It is an expectation at St. Norbert College that any relationship between members of the community will occur in a mutually respectful manner, consistent with the human dignity and inherent rights of each person. This expectation also applies to non-marital consensual romantic and/or sexual relationships. Specific details on the SNC Consensual Relationship Policy can be found below: