Title IX / Gender-Based Misconduct & Sexual Harassment at St. Norbert CollegeSt. Norbert College is committed to supporting a learning and working environment that meets the Norbertine values of human dignity and respect. The college believes in a zero tolerance policy for gender-based misconduct and all forms of discrimination and harassment including sexual misconduct.
St. Norbert College fully subscribes to all federal and state civil rights laws banning discrimination and harassment for protected groups including:
- Title IX of 1972 which requires gender equity and prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in education programs and activities;
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 which prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, or national origin; and
- Title II of the American with Disabilities Act of 1990 (Section 504), which prohibits discrimination on the basis of disability.
Specific details on sexual harassment and gender-based misconduct can be found below:
- Gender-Based Misconduct and Sexual Harassment policy
- Sexual Misconduct and Harassment Resource Guide (PDF)
The Gender-Based Misconduct and Sexual Harassment policy does not abridge or infringe on academic freedom, as defined in the Faculty Handbook or the Student Handbook at St. Norbert College.
Speech or expressive conduct that constitutes harassment or bullying is neither legally protected nor the proper exercise of academic freedom.
Title IX Complaint Form
If you feel you have been sexually assaulted or harassed by any member of the SNC college community, you are encouraged to bring it to the attention of a Title IX Deputy Coordinator, the Title IX Coordinator or by submission of this form.