St. Norbert College presents Women's Enrichment Series
From St. Norbert College, August 30, 2011
by Chris Swietlik, email@example.com, (920) 403-3089
St. Norbert College will once again host the Women's Enrichment Series, a series of lunch presentations featuring St. Norbert College faculty, staff and alumni speakers on topics of interest. The series will run from September 27, 2011, through June 7, 2012.
All of the luncheon sessions will be held in the Hendrickson Dining Room of the F. K. Bemis International Center at St. Norbert College from noon-1:30 p.m. One separate, off-campus event and one late afternoon concert are also offered.
The series consists of the following presentations and events:
- Tuesday, Sept. 27, Judy Turba and Julie Massey present "Tending the Spirit: A Path for Nourishment and Renewal."
- Wednesday, Oct. 26, Dr. Tim Flood presents "Antarctica: A Scientific Adventure."
- Friday, Nov. 18, Marti Wronski presents "There's No Crying in Baseball."
- Monday, Dec. 19, Christmas concert with the Knights on Broadway, 4-6 p.m.
- Friday, Feb. 17, Dr. Karlyn Crowley presents "Feminism's New Age: Women and the Rise of New Age Culture from Aliens to Oprah."
- Friday, March 23, Dr. John Neary presents "Going to Life's Dark Side: Spiritual Journeys in Literature."
- Thursday, April 12, Dr. Stephen Rupsch presents "Why Theater Is Important to Our Culture."
- Wednesday, May 2, Dr. Maureen Manion presents "Here We Go Again: Election 2012."
- Thursday, June 7, guided tour of Door County art galleries and a wine tasting. Bus leaves campus at 9 a.m. and returns at 6 p.m.
The cost for individual sessions, which includes lunch, is $20. The entire series can be purchased for $140. The cost for the Door County art and wine trip is an additional $40. With limited space for the events, early reservations are encouraged.
For more information on the series, visit http://www.snc.edu/president/womensenrichment/. To register for the series, contact Jamie McGuire at 920-403-3166 or firstname.lastname@example.org.