Giving Banner
  cta: "#show-navobile",
  changeDOM: true
Mobile Menu Icon

Summer Food Service Program for the Education Power and Bridge Programs

Facebook / Tweet

From St. Norbert College, May 9, 2014
by Mike Counter,, 920-403-3089

Stressing the importance of good nutrition, St. Norbert College announces the sponsorship of Summer Food Service programs for the Education Power and Bridge programs.

The Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) is funded by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) and is administered by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction. Meals will be available at no separate charge to enrolled children who are 18 years of age and under and to persons over 18 years of age who are determined by a state or local public educational agency to be mentally or physically disabled and are also participating in a public or private non-profit school program during the regular school year.

The amount of reimbursement received by a Summer Food Service Program sponsor is based upon the household incomes of the enrolled children. Children who are members of households receiving Foodshare, FDPIR, W-2 (Wisconsin Works - Cash Benefits Only) benefits are automatically eligible to receive free meal benefits at eligible program sites.
Listed below are the USDA Income Eligibility Guidelines in effect from July 1, 2013, through June 30, 2014.

SFSP Income Eligibility Guidelines

Household Size/Monthly Income Level Effective July 1, 2013, through June 30, 2014

$ 1,772
2 2,392
3 3,011
4 3,631
5 4,251
6 4,871
7 5,490
8 6,110

For each additional household member add +620

The U.S Department of Agriculture prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the bases of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or all or part of an individual's income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the Department. (Not all prohibited bases will apply to all programs and/or employment activities.)
If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at
Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339; or (800) 845-6136 (Spanish). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.

To Top Arrow