Career and Professional Development Mission
The Career & Professional Development office is committed to empowering students and alumni as they make meaningful connections with and contributions to the world in the career development process. To achieve this mission, we work in cooperation with:
The Career & Professional Development office fosters student awareness of career development as a lifelong and dynamic process. We provide opportunities for occupational exploration, self-assessment and preparation for attaining short and long-term goals through comprehensive services, programs, resources and experiential education. Our goal is to help students discover, appreciate, develop and apply the unique combination of interests, talents, experiences and values that they possess.
Recognizing that career planning and development is a lifelong process, the Career & Professional Development office helps alumni continue to make informed decisions regarding occupational choices and life transitions. Alumni also have the opportunity to enhance the career development of others through participation in various programs.
The Career & Professional Development office collaborates with employers, volunteer representatives and graduate and professional school officers through educational and recruitment programs. These relationships enable us to remain current on employment trends and practices, to share this information with current students, alumni and the campus community and to educate our professional partners about the value of a liberal arts education.
We're here to help your son or daughter succeed by fostering student awareness of career development as a lifelong and dynamic process. We provide opportunities for self-assessment, career exploration and preparation for attaining short and long-term goals through comprehensive services, programs, resources and experiential education.
In order to facilitate our mission, the Career & Professional Development office is committed to the following:
- Provide Services: Assist with occupational exploration, self-assessment, career development and job search for students and alumni. Currently enrolled St. Norbert College students and St. Norbert College alumni are eligible to use our services.
- Access of Information: Provide access to comprehensive services, programs, resources, career opportunities and a variety of employers.
- Provide Reasonable Accommodations: Students with documented disabilities are entitled to reasonable accommodations. Reasonable accommodations are modifications or adjustments to either the college environment or to academic processes which make it possible for students with disabilities to perform the functions necessary for fulfillment of college degree requirements. Reasonable accommodations include neither those which require significant difficulty or expense for the college nor personal items, such as eyeglasses.
- Confidentiality: Exercise sound judgment and fairness in maintaining confidentiality.
- Student Advocacy: Respond to employer EEO non-compliance concerns and unethical behavior.
- Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: St. Norbert College adheres to all policies of non-discrimination on the basis of age, race, religion, creed, color, handicap, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, veteran’s status, non-job-related arrest record or conviction record or any other basis prohibited by current federal and state statutes. All human resources policies, including those on employment, compensation, benefits, transfers and staff development programs are administered without discrimination.
- Professional Practice: The Career & Professional Development staff is committed to upholding the Principles for Professional Practice as outlined by NACE in regards to career planning and recruitment.