Career Services Office Policies
No Show Policy
Career Services prepares students to transition from the classroom to the world of work. By scheduling an appointment, you make a professional commitment. Canceling your appointment late or failing to show up can negatively impact your fellow students who could have taken advantage of that open time slot.
How to cancel/reschedule
If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, Career Services requests a 24 hour notice. You have three options for canceling or rescheduling:
- Call Career Services at 920-403-3040.
- Email Career Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Email the career counselor you were scheduled to meet with directly.
You will be considered a “no show” if you miss your appointment with a career counselor without calling or emailing to notify the career services office.
- First no show – you will receive an email notice reminding you of the policy.
- Second no show – you will receive a second email notice and your appointment privileges* will be suspended for the remainder of the semester.
- All other services will still be available during suspension, including walk-in hours, online resources, workshops and career fairs/events.
Any student who feels they have been incorrectly identified as a “no show” may request an individual review of the circumstance by contacting the career services office at 920-403-3040 or emailing email@example.com.
Alumni Appointment Policy
We recognize and understand that career planning and development is a lifelong process, so career services continues to support graduates, even after graduation. The career services staff is available to help alumni continue to make informed decisions regarding occupational choices and life transitions.
For the purpose of utilizing our services, career services defines “Alumni” as individuals who have graduated from St. Norbert College. St. Norbert College graduates will continue to have access to full services for 12 months post-graduation. Alumni who graduated more than 12 months ago will have access to the following services:
- An initial intake session conducted via the phone or in-person for up to 30 minutes.
- Up to three 50-minute appointments per year, with a career counselor via the phone, email or in-person. Appointment topics include: career assessments, career change, job search, resume and cover letter, networking, graduate school and interviewing.
- Access to the Career Services website and job postings via Career Connections.
Expectations of alumni
- Information disclosure. You are responsible for providing accurate and complete information about services desired, past history and other matters related to services.
- Cancellations. If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, career services requests a 24 hour notice. Your options to cancel or reschedule:
• Call career services at 920-403-3040.
• Email career services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Email the career counselor you were scheduled to meet with directly.
Employer Services Policies
The career services office invites employer organizations to use our services provided they meet the basic posting criteria. View the employer policies.
On-Campus Recruiting Policy
The on-campus recruiting events organized by the career services staff provide St. Norbert students the opportunity to interact with many professionals in the community. Therefore, it is in the best interest of all program participants to be professional, organized and well-prepared. The policies below ensure a favorable impression of St. Norbert College students and graduates.
Expectations of students
- Provide accurate information.
• Job search materials should be truthful and accurate.
- Act with integrity.
• Honor commitments. Keep all scheduled appointments/interviews.
• Genuine interest. Schedule appointments/interviews only with employers and counselors you have a genuine interest in working with.
• Professional conduct. Accept an offer of employment in good faith and notify employers of acceptance or non-acceptance of the offer. After accepting a position, withdraw your candidacy from all other interviews.
- Failure to comply.
• No show. Failure to show up for a scheduled on-campus interview may result in losing the privilege to participate in future employer-related events. The only acceptable excuse is a substantiated family/personal emergency. If you do not show up for a scheduled interview on-campus, you will be required to write a letter of apology to the employer and give a copy of the letter to career services within two days of the missed interview.
• Non-compliance. Failure to adhere to any of the above office expectations may result in the denial of access to Career Connections or future on-campus recruiting privileges with the career services office.
Please carefully read this agreement before submitting your Career Connections profile. By utilizing your student/alumni account, you are agreeing to maintain your information and resume in the Career Connections database and adhere to the following policies:
By entering my information and uploading my resume(s) into Career Connections, I can choose to make my resume available for employer searches by making it viewable in the Additional Information section of My Profile. The information in my Career Connections profile and on my resume(s) presents, to the best of my knowledge, accurate and truthful information about me. I recognize and understand that the Career Connections database is maintained on a non-St. Norbert College server (CSO Interfase) and that the information I enter and upload in Career Connections is not connected to information maintained or housed on St. Norbert College servers. While employers using Career Connections must agree to abide by the SNC Employer Policies, I understand that SNC Career Services has no responsibility for or control over employers who may distribute my resume or information therein without my consent to parties outside the scope of this release.
SNC Career Services is unable to research the integrity of every organization or person who lists internships and jobs with us, and we make no claims, recommendations, or guarantees regarding any positions posted or employment data transmitted through Career Connections. We urge students and alumni to exercise caution and common sense when applying for any position.
Career Connections Account Maintenance
I understand that in order to complete my registration I must complete my Career Connections profile. Further, I will update the contents of my Career Connections account as necessary to indicate my interest in remaining registered with Career Connections and to maintain the accuracy of all information contained in my account.
SNC Career Services may de-activate my account and prohibit my use of services anytime they determine that information contained in my account is inaccurate or that I have not appropriately adhered to any policy stated in this agreement.
If you have questions, please contact Career Services, TWH 215, 920-403-3040 or email@example.com.
To Facilitate Our Mission, Career Services is Committed to the Following:
- Provide Services: Assist with occupational exploration, self-assessment, career development and job search for students and alumni. Currently enrolled St. Norbert College students and St. Norbert College alumni are eligible to use our services.
- Access of Information: Provide access to comprehensive services, programs, resources, career opportunities and a variety of employers.
- Provide Reasonable Accommodations: Students with documented disabilities are entitled to reasonable accommodations. Reasonable accommodations are modifications or adjustments to either the college environment or to academic processes which make it possible for students with disabilities to perform the functions necessary for fulfillment of college degree requirements. Reasonable accommodations include neither those which require significant difficulty or expense for the college nor personal items, such as eyeglasses.
- Confidentiality: Exercise sound judgment and fairness in maintaining confidentiality.
- Professional Practice: The career services staff is committed to upholding the Principles for Professional Practice as outlined by NACE in regards to career planning and recruitment.
- Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: St. Norbert College adheres to all policies of non-discrimination on the basis of age, race, religion, creed, color, handicap, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, veteran’s status, non-job-related arrest record or conviction record or any other basis prohibited by current federal and state statutes. All human resources policies, including those on employment, compensation, benefits, transfers and staff development programs are administered without discrimination.