Request a Tutor
Tutoring is available at no cost to all enrolled students at St. Norbert College. Tutors are peers who have been recommended by St. Norbert College faculty. This service is a supplement to classroom instruction; assistance available during professor’s office hours; and teaching assistants (TAs). Tutoring is available for any class for which we have a qualified tutor.
How to Request a Tutor
- Call 920-403-1321 or stop in Todd Wehr, room 211, to schedule an appointment.
- Math students must first meet with their professor before being assigned a tutor.
- Complete a short application and meet with a staff member.
- Contact the assigned tutor within two days of the appointment.
- Attend all classes
- Attend all tutoring sessions
- Be on time for tutoring sessions
- Establish a schedule for tutoring during the initial tutoring session
- Clarify needs with the tutor at the first session
- Bring all materials to each tutoring session: textbook, classroom notes, syllabus, assignment sheet, graded assignments, quizzes or exams and planner
- Come prepared
- Share your academic progress with the tutor
- Express any concerns you have about tutoring with the tutor
- Complete an evaluation of tutoring (at the end of the semester or when you terminate tutoring)