Alumni Award CriteriaThe office of alumni and parent relations is continually accepting nominations for the Alma Mater Award, Distinguished Achievement Award, Distinguished Service Award and Young Alumni Awards.
Nominees must be graduates of St. Norbert College to be nominated for the Alma Mater Award, Distinguished Achievement Award and Young Alumni Award. The Distinguished Service Award does not require the nominee to be a St. Norbert College alum.
Alumni, staff, or faculty members must submit all nominations.
Alma Mater Award
- Received a degree from St. Norbert College at least 30 years ago.
- Lives a life reflective of the Norbertine spirit and Christian ideals taught by St. Norbert College.
- Demonstrated distinction in his/her chosen field or other area of interest.
- Reflects honor to the college in pursuing personal or professional activities.
- Contributes to the college in outstanding ways or has made significant humanitarian contributions to the community and beyond.
- Received a degree from St. Norbert College or participated in a college pre-professional program and completed the degree at another institution.
- Is active in one of these fields: business, education, humanities, natural sciences, public service, social sciences or religion.
- Sets a standard of excellence in his/her chosen field.
- Demonstrated significant professional accomplishment and exemplified the educational mission of the college.
- For the public service award, nominee must show excellence in contribution of time, talents and the like to benefit the community (either local, state or national) through volunteer work, assistance, government service, etc.
- Both alumni and non-alumni are eligible for this award. Preference will be given to St. Norbert College alumni.
- Supported St. Norbert College in significant ways throughout the years.
- Demonstrated exceptional personal commitment such as supporting college functions, recruiting and placing graduates, participating in the college president’s task forces and alumni activities, developing alumni chapters and offering financial or scholarship support.
- Received a degree from St. Norbert College within the last 10 years.
- Demonstrated ideals that exemplify St. Norbert’s tradition of service, vision and community activism.
- Impacted cultural changes in the college and the community.
The nominations and awards committee of the alumni board review and recommend candidates for final selection by the full board. The board reserves the right not to issue an award in a specific category if nominees don’t meet the standards.
Award selection is based on the content of the nomination form and letters of recommendation. Those who submit a nomination are required to secure at least two letters of recommendation.
It’s important to provide the most thorough and up-to-date information possible. If you’d like to nominate someone, please complete the nomination form.