On and Off the Page: Your Multimedia College Magazine
St. Norbert College Magazine editor Susan Allen shares some of the web-exclusive content featured in the Fall/Winter 2014 issue of St. Norbert College Magazine, available online.
We like to bring you answers, but our new issue is built around a question: Is College Worth It? It’s a question currently under much discussion nationwide, and we wanted to know what our own alumni thought. So, we asked them. We include a summary of their responses online – and we’re interested in your views, too.
Surveys give us valuable statistical data – but it occurs to me that a review of this issue’s web extras provides another kind of response to the immediate and long-term return-on-investment of a college education:
College is fun
- Our In Readiness video will remind you of football season and the joy of being part of a team.
- In Returning shares the fun of Homecoming Weekend for Greek and social groups, returning alumni, football players and tailgaters, families and fans.
College is inspiring
- In Cambodia will let you in on one professor’s half-century-long affinity with Southeast Asia – and on the Skype initiative that is encouraging U.S. students to make a difference there.
- In Praise celebrates a new campus installation that nods both to the college’s rootedness in the Norbertine tradition and its ongoing participation in the Catholic intellectual tradition.
College is transformative
- In Charge offers an extended interview on leadership with our most senior military alumna, Col. Erica Nelson ’90.
- In Service to others introduces Tim Reilley ’52 and his long-held belief that service to the community is an important part of education for a life that matters.
- In Recognition gives us the chance to express our admiration for the extraordinary lives of this year’s honorees.
Marriage as a vocation; a scriptural resolution to an ancient debate; and a big question to ponder: It’s all in our new issue.
Is college worth it? It’s our responsibility to make sure that, for a St. Norbert College education at least, the answer continues to be a resounding yes.
The online magazine features all the material from our thrice-yearly print issue as well as a slate of web exclusives; new content is added weekly.
Dec. 2, 2014