Caption Arrow

Resources for Advisors

Academic advisement serves the student, the curriculum and the goals of the college. Although its focus is intellectual, advisement is not one dimensional – personal and spiritual dimensions of student growth are intrinsically involved in the process, as are expereinces both inside and outside the classroom. At St. Norbert, the goal is to develop the whole student.

The core of academic advisement is an academic plan. The academic plan is the product of advisor/advisee dialog that translate student goals into tangible experinces and course planning. This will align with the student's long term personal and professional goals. 

Advisor Toolbox

The Advisor Toolbox is the advisor's comprehensive resource for information regarding academic advisement. 

Links and Forms of interest:

  • Substitution Form: Used when a student is asking for a course that is not normally approved as a degree requirement to count as that degree requirement. Requires discipline coordinator approval. 
  • Student Petition: Used when a student is asking for a policy to be waived or excepted. There must be a strong reason for the policy to be waived. 
  • Core Curriculum Petition: Used when a student is seeking a core area to be met that is not already approved. These are reviewed monthly by the core curriculum committee. Please include course syllabus for all petitions, both transfer and SNC coursework. 
  • Add/Drop Form: Can only be used during the add/drop period. Must be signed by both professors. Students can also complete the add/drop process via KnightLine unless the course is full or the student needs an override. 
  • Course Withdrawal Form: Used after the last day to drop a class until the last day to withdraw from a class. If after the last day to withdraw a student petition must be submitted with the withdrawal form documenting extenuating circumstances. Student will earn a grade of W for the course. 
  • Special Course Registration Form: Used for internships, arranged courses and independent studies. 
  • Transfer Course Pre-Approval Form: Used to gain approval for a class to be taken at another institution. If the student has less than 32 credits to graduate, then a student petition to waive senior residency must also be included. 
  • Application to Graduate: Students must apply by the Monday after add/drop in the term they plan to graduate. 


Back To Top Arrow