Career ConnectionsOne of our students’ most important career resources is … you! You can help provide a nurturing career foundation for St. Norbert undergraduates and graduates.
Through our Career Connections program, professionals from businesses and organizations throughout the region support students’ transition from campus to career in a number of ways. You can join them by:
Hiring St. Norbert College Students
If you’re seeking to fill full-time employment or internship positions, you can avail yourself of some of the best young talent in the state by turning to St. Norbert students and graduates.
Becoming a Career Mentor
Allowing our students and alumni to network with you can give them important insights into career issues. Let them “pick your brain" about:
- Academic majors you pursued and the value of a liberal arts education.
- Graduate programs you have completed.
- Regions of the country where you have lived.
- The career field in which you are employed and the organization for which you work.
- Any advice you might offer on internships, job search strategies and other career-related issues.
Students value your participation in our programs because you can give them a real-world view. You can join in events like:
- Networking programs.
- Mock (practice) interview events.
- Presentations on topics including résumé/cover-letter writing, interview skills, finding a job or internship, and transitioning to the workplace.
- Informational interviewing.
- Job-shadowing (a great way for students to observe professionals in their place of work and to learn first-hand about organizational cultures, field trends, typical work responsibilities and career preparation).
Contact the Career Services office today to explore the possibilities!