Influenza vaccines are important in maintaining your health. These vaccines provide great protection against the influenza viruses circulating during the current flu season, which is why vaccines must be given every year to assure high antibody levels.
Health and Wellness Services will provide flu vaccines for students, faculty and staff as well as spouses of faculty and staff. Please call to make an appointment. Our office is located in Main Hall, lower level. For your convenience, you may download the information sheet, complete the consent form provided and bring this with you when you come for your vaccine.
The fee for this vaccination is $28.00 and billable to insurance.
For inofrmation regarding this vaccine, click the following link:
What You Should Know for the 2013-2014 Influenza Season
For more information about influenza and tips on how to prevent it, visit this site from the Center for Disease Control, Seasonal Influenza Questions and Answers.
|Tips for preventing the flu
Symptoms of the flu
- Wash hands frequently and keep hands away from nose, mouth and eyes.
- Cover mouth and nose with tissue when sneezing or coughing.
- Get at least 7-8 hours of sleep each night.
- Drink 8-9 glasses of water per day.
- If you think you have influenza, seek care early.
- Sore throat
- Body aches
- Extreme weakness
- Inability to do daily activities