SNC Students background

Spotlights

Humans of St. Norbert: Dean Stewart ’88
Portrait of Dean Stewart

Humans of St. Norbert: Dean Stewart ’88

Humans of St. Norbert:

“What I miss the most from my time as a student is the relationships. I am a competitive person by nature and being able to play football for as long as I did really fueled that competitive nature. It really was the relationships that you build with your teammates and those around you. I actually still connect with about eight of my teammates on a regular basis. In fact, we all went skiing in February before this all took place. We try to get together about three times a year. We ski in the winter, go to a Brewers game in the summer and we connect for homecoming or football alumni day in the Fall. We’ve watched each other's kids grow up. The great thing is that some of their kids have actually gone to St. Norbert and played sports, so we’ve been able to watch them. We talk and text all the time. It’s been the relationships, but what's great is that the relationships that have been formed have been fantastic and lifelong.

St. Norbert has been so much a part of my life that to be able to come back and have six of the seven people in my family go here, I think has been awesome. This is where I want to be. It’s where I want to stay.” – Dean Stewart ’88, executive director of Center for Exceptional Leadership