SNC Students background

Spotlights

Humans of St. Norbert: Kyra Kronberg ‘20
Parent kissing child

Humans of St. Norbert:

“This is just a painful situation. Even more so, knowing that I’m losing the rest of my senior year. I know that it is in our best interest. I know that faculty, staff and administration were forced to make impossible decisions. It still stinks. When I got the email yesterday, I wasn’t surprised. As I was leaving for spring break, I was trying to be optimistic by saying, ‘See you April 13th,’ even though I knew that other schools were already closing for the semester and it was likely just a matter of time. There was just a different tone in general. I was saying bye to my friends for spring break but hugs definitely held a little longer knowing that we might not know the next time we’d see each other.

“I watched a video recently that talked about the importance of the word ‘together.’ It said that this word stems from ‘to gather.’ It said that no individual can do everything because we are dependent on humans collaborating. One of the most terrifying things for people is that we are no longer able to gather. Kids are home from school, businesses are closing, even places of worship are no longer able to gather. Especially at SNC, where we’re not able to physically go to class, see our professors, friends, club meetings or even go out with friends on the weekend. I think the challenge of all of this is to find ways to remain isolated, yet stay together. Buy a gift card from your favorite local business. Check in on your friends. Offer help to those who need it. It's that ‘communio’ that we hear about and feel so often at SNC.

“This pandemic has taken away a lot of ‘lasts.’ But what this school has given me will span beyond this. When I look back at my time here, I’m not going to think of how the coronavirus ruined my final semester of senior year. I’m going to look back at the relationships I’ve made, the cool projects I’ve been a part of and go forth knowing that I have grown a lot throughout the last few of years.”
– Kyra Kronberg ’20