SNC Students background

Spotlights

Humans of St. Norbert: Randi Groff ’21
Parent kissing child

Humans of St. Norbert: Randi Groff ’21

Humans of St. Norbert:

“I kind of jumped on the Spectrum Alliance train my sophomore year. I was a transfer so as soon as I got here I kind of hit the ground running with Spectrum and it really has evolved over the years that I have been here. It is a group for LGBTQ+ students by LGBTQ+ students and I believe that is what makes it so powerful, especially with all the new programming that we have been able to integrate on campus. The amount of support from even other groups and even from faculty and stuff like that has been astounding. We are really asking the members to put themselves out there, but the amazing thing is that we spend all week pushing towards a goal of an event and then we get to spend the rest of the week unpacking how that made us feel and really be there for each other.

“Being a part of Spectrum Alliance and Coming Out Week is one of the most empowering things in my life, I feel, because of the lack of programming that was here before I came here and all of that. It’s really an opportunity to leave a footprint and really an opportunity to change the community for the good here on campus. Even in places that you don’t think there is going to be love and acceptance there will always be and has always been and there will always continue to be just a loving, united community to accept us always. That community and unity really does mean everything to me.” – Randi Groff ’21