SNC Students background

Spotlights

Humans of St. Norbert: Tommy Blinks ‘21
Parent kissing child

Humans of St. Norbert: Tommy Blinks ‘21

Humans of St. Norbert:

“Being away from campus, we’re not able to do a lot of the religious events that we used to. I wanted to find some way that I could still focus on the faith and connect with people even though we were away. I decided to start sending daily bible verses to people. I reached out to everybody and said if they want me to send them a bible verse, I could definitely do that. I have about 30 people that I send them to.

“I’ve gotten really positive responses. I didn’t expect it to make that big of a difference, but a lot of people have reached out to me and have been like, ‘This makes my day.’ Or, ‘I’ve never heard some of these verses before.’ I try to use ones that aren’t overused or cliché. It’s all just through Snapchat, so it’s not some big thing. It’s just a nice simple way of sharing the faith.

“This keeps me on track and gives me a way to pray and continue to focus on those verses. It’s holding me accountable. Old St. Joe’s on campus still holds Mass pretty much every day, so I’ve been keeping up with watching some of those services, as well. There’s been a lot of opportunities to keep up with that and it’s been helpful.

“I think this pandemic has helped my faith in that I have more free time during the day to spend more time praying and doing these things, whereas at college, I had a really busy schedule. The pandemic has been helpful in getting me to focus my attention. Now that I’m able to choose my schedule, I’m able to put in a lot more time that I normally didn’t have.”
– Tommy Blink ‘21