SNC Students background

Spotlights

Humans of St. Norbert: Emma Sweere '21
Parent kissing child

Humans of St. Norbert: Emma Sweere '21

Humans of St. Norbert:

“After I graduate, I will be teaching fifth and sixth grade at Reedsville Elementary School. I will be teaching language arts and then science or social studies. I’m excited to not be a student anymore! I don’t necessarily like being a student because it’s a lot of stress. I know teaching will probably not be any different, but it’s a different side of things. I’m excited to help students, get them to like school and get them excited about learning.

“The last few weeks [of college] have been a rollercoaster of emotions. I get very excited to graduate, like when I finished my last college class! And then, I think about not being on campus anymore, not being with my friends or not being with the track team anymore. It makes me sad because I have a lot of good friends who are still underclassmen. But I am excited for what’s to come.

“[My favorite part about being at SNC] is the people. I’ve met some really great people here! And even the people that I haven’t been as close with have just been so warm and welcoming. As a teacher, I’d like to kind of keep that and bring that into my own classroom. I’d like my classroom to be warm and welcoming. Make sure my kids know that this is a safe space for them. It’s not somewhere that they are going to get judged and they are going to get the help they need so that they can be successful individuals.” – Emma Sweere ’21