SNC Students background

Spotlights

Humans of St. Norbert: Emily Buellesbach '22
Parent kissing child

“[After graduation,] I’m going to be a communications specialist at District 47, which is an elementary school district in Crystal Lake, Ill. I will be working alongside Denise, their communications director. I think it will be exciting! I get to go around to different schools and do digital storytelling on their socials. It’s pretty similar to my internship here [with the office of communications]!

“My favorite memory [from SNC] was last year, my junior year, because that’s when all my friends and I became really close. We did a little ‘vacation’ in October and went to Crivitz, Wis. We got an AirBnb and it was a trailer so there were like nine girls in one trailer. Imagine that! It was a really good time and now we call ourselves the ‘Trailer Park Girls.’ We are planning to hang out [after graduation] and do a yearly vacation like [Grace Meyer ’84] did, who was also featured as a Human of St. Norbert.

“Dr. Antos has influenced me the most during my time at SNC. She is my favorite professor ever! I find her really inspiring. She’s kind of a tough cookie at first when you walk into her class, but she’s super nice and funny. Her business and professional speaking class is the best! I recommend it to everybody. She’s good at teaching it and it helps you so much with interviews.”