SNC Students background

Spotlights

Humans of St. Norbert: Jennifer Beauchamp ’97
Parent kissing child

“I have really mixed feelings about Connor coming to St. Norbert. I'm super excited for him! I had a great experience here and my husband had a great experience here so I know he's going to be happy. I know that the basketball team is going to be a great thing for him. Academically, it'll be great. Another part of me is sad because I will miss him a lot. It makes me feel better that we have family that are close by so he'll have someone here even though it's not me. I just know it's a good community so he'll be in a good place, but I'd be lying if I said that it isn't going to be hard.

“He had an opportunity to stay at a more local college and play basketball there and it would've been a great educational experience. When he told us his decision to come here [instead], he said, ‘I need to go to St. Norbert because I need to grow up.’ It just really hit me that here is this wise 17 year-old who knows that he needs to be on his own. That Mom and Dad have done a lot for him over the years, but it's his turn to make day-to-day decisions without having a parent there to hold his hand. He's ready and it's going to be great!”